- This event has passed.
Natural Beekeeping – Brogo NSW – November 2019
November 9 @ 9:00 am - November 10 @ 4:00 pm$380 – $420
Are you ready to plunge into natural beekeeping?
Our courses are unique in that we teach a completely different style and approach to standard conventional Beekeeping.
Come and join Adrian Iodice for afascinating and informative weekend learning natural, bee-centred honey bee guardianship using Kenyan Top Bar Hives.
We will look at a number of different hives and discuss the pros and cons of them all. We will look at types of equipment you will need to catch swarms and to manage your hives.
You will learn about the Super organism, Bee developmental stages, Queen development. The importance of natural comb, rendering down honey comb into wax, swarming, techniques to catching swarms, where to position a hive, harvesting natural raw honey and tools needed for harvesting and lots more, these subjects are by no means exhaustive.
- Plans to build your own Kenyan Top Bar Hive (Les Crowder version)
- A full list of great books, web sites and films to learn more in your own time
- comprehensive course notes
- Continued support and access to Adrian for any questions on your journey into Honey Bee guardianship
- Meet, hang out and hopefully stay in touch with other great people who are on the same path.
- Fully catered lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Morning & Afternoon tea on Saturday and Sunday with Bread, organic butter, fruit and cheeses and lots of home grown raw organic Honey from my apiary
It’s going to be a full 2 days of learning so bring:
- A pen and pad to take notes
- A light coloured, thick, long sleeve shirt or pullover
- Long loose fitting pants
- Fully enclosed shoes
A veil or bee suit can be provided, but bring your own if you have one and prefer it. I will have some bee suits for sale.
You can also bring a recording device if you like or a video camera.
We will look into an active hive only if weather permits!
Early Bird Price: $380
(available until 19 October 2019)
Full Price: $420
(after 19 October 2019)