- This event has passed.
Natural Beekeeping – Bermagui NSW – October 2020
October 24, 2020 @ 9:00 am - October 25, 2020 @ 3:00 pm$380
“I teach a completely different style and approach to standard conventional Beekeeping.”
You will leave with the confidence to start caring for a Bee colony of your own.
What you will Learn
You will learn about the intimate life of a Honey Bee colony (The Superorganism), the fundamentals to start up and manage a colony of your own, how to catch and relocate a swarm
The course also covers the types of equipment you will need to manage your hives.
You will learn about Bee developmental stages, the importance of natural honeycomb, where to position a beehive, harvesting natural raw honey and lots, lots more.
These subjects are by no means exhaustive!Register for this course
- Comprehensive course notes
- Plans to build your own Kenyan Top Bar Hive
- A full list of great books, web sites and films to learn more in your own time
- Continued support after the course and access to Adrian for any questions on your journey into Honey Bee guardianship.
- Meet, hang out and hopefully stay in touch with other great people who are on the same path.
- Morning & Afternoon tea on Saturday and Sunday with Bread, organic butter and lots of raw homegrown organic Honey, Lunch on both days.
What to Bring
It’s going to be a full 2 days of information so bring
- A pen and pad to take notes
- A light coloured, thick, long sleeve shirt or pullover
- Long loose fitting pants
- A veil if you have one
- Fully enclosed shoes
- A Bee suit if you have one
- You can also bring a recording device if you like or a video camera.
We will look into an active hive only if weather permits!
About the venue
Bimbimbi House is one of Bermagui’s original homesteads which was run as a guest house for many years. Situated on 5 acres of extensive gardens and natural spotted gum forest it is the perfect place to have 7 of my hives which I moved here after the fires came through our place in Brogo. The colonies have had a chance to pick up and recover with all the varied fodder available from the gardens, I’m very excited to be teaching one of my courses on this property it’s such a beautiful setting overlooking the Bermagui river and the homestead is perfectly suited to accommodate us for the two days.
Accomodation is available on the property for those coming from afar with a self contained studio on offer, there are also beds available in the 5 bedroom 3 bathroom house contact the owners for details call Gary on 0425 727 553. More accommodation is available in Bermagui township which is a 5 minute drive away.Register for this course
Payment & Refunds
You can pay for your course below with your credit card, or contact Adrian to arrange payment by credit card over the phone, or direct deposit.
Please ensure you read our Course & Workshop Refunds Policy prior to booking your course.
Early Bird Price: $380
(available until 10 October 2020)
Full Price: $420
(after 10 October 2020)