Natural Beekeeping Course – Gosford – August 2017
August 19 @ 8:30 pm - August 20 @ 3:00 pm
Are you ready to plunge into Natural Beekeeping?
Join Beekeeping Naturally’s Adrian Iodice, Mangrove Yoga Farms Chris Roach and Mangrove Yoga Retreat for a unique 2 days of bliss with yoga, great wholesome healthy food, a beautiful setting and accommodation and a Natural, Bee-centric Beekeeping course to top it all off.
This 2 day course leads you through the basics of bee-friendly, natural, organic, biodynamic, small-scale beekeeping.
You will leave this course with a competent knowledge of the fundamentals of natural beekeeping, and be ready to take the plunge and keep your own backyard bees.
Adrian’s courses are unique in that he teaches a completely different style and approach to standard conventional Beekeeping. Using the lesser known Kenyan Top Bar Hives rather than the commercial Langstroth hives.
The Natural Beekeeping course is available to anyone who is interested in learning about natural bee keeping. With no prerequisites for the course, it is open to everyone from the budding beginner to the advanced bee keeper.
The only essentials are a willingness to learn and explore the Beeing together!Register for this course
What you will Learn
You will learn about the intimate life of a Honey Bee colony, how to catch and relocate a swarm and the fundamentals to start up and manage a colony of your own
We will look at a number of different hives and discuss the pros and cons of them all. We will look at types of equipment you will need to catch swarms and to manage your hives.
You will learn about Bee developmental stages, Queen development. The importance of natural comb, where to position a hive, harvesting natural raw honey and tools needed for harvesting, beekeeping swarm management.
These subjects are by no means exhaustive!!
- Two day fully inclusive course with one of Australia’s leading pioneers of natural beekeeping
- Hands on practical demonstrations using our own hives at Mangrove Yoga Farm (weather permitting)
- A step by step demonstration on how to setup your own colony of bees (Queens permitting)
- Plans to build your own Kenyan Top Bar Hive
- A full list of great books, web sites and films to learn more in your own time
- Continued support and access to Adrian for any questions on your journey
- 2 nights accommodation
- Optional morning and afternoon Yoga classes
- All Meals – Morning & Afternoon tea on Saturday and Sunday with bread, butter and lots of home grown raw organic honey.
Arrive on Friday afternoon for extended yoga classes followed by dinner and introductions.Register for this course
What to bring
- A pad and pen to take notes
- A light coloured, thick, long sleeve shirt or pullover
- Long loose fitting pants
- Fully enclosed shoes
- sun protection
- If you have bee keeping gear please bring it along.
While we do have gloves and some hats it is appreciated if you can bring your own.
You can also bring a recording device if you like or a video camera.
We will look into an active hive only if weather permits!
The apiary is located on the Mangrove Yoga Farm
Includes Natural Beekeeping course material, yoga classes, 2 nights accommodation and all meals.
Farm camping option
Includes Natural Beekeeping course material, yoga classes, 2 nights camping and all meals.