- This event has passed.
Learn Natural Beekeeping – Jamberoo – December 2016
December 10, 2016 @ 10:00 am - December 11, 2016 @ 3:00 pm$340 - $380
Are you ready to plunge into Natural Beekeeping?
Our courses are unique in that we teach a completely different style and approach to standard conventional Beekeeping.
Come and join Adrian Iodice on the beautiful grounds of the Benedictine Abbey for a fascinating and informative weekend learning natural, organic, Bee-care, using the Abbeys 14 Kenyan Top Bar Hives. This is a unique opportunity to learn at the Jamberoo Abbey’s apiary set high on the escarpment in a rain forrest environment.
You will leave feeling invigorated and enthusiastic with the confidence to start caring for a Bee colony of your own.
What you will Learn
You will learn about the intimate life of a Honey Bee colony, how to catch and relocate a swarm and the fundamentals to start up and manage a colony of your own. We will look at a number of different hives and discuss the pros and cons of them all. We will look at types of equipment you will need to catch swarms and to manage your hives.
You will learn about Bee developmental stages, Queen development. The importance of natural comb, where to position a hive, harvesting natural raw honey and tools needed for harvesting, beekeeping and swarm management.
These subjects are by no means exhaustive!!Register for this course
- Plans to build your own Kenyan Top Bar Hive (Les Crowder version)
- A full list of great books, web sites and films to learn more in your own time
- Continued support and access to Adrian for any questions on your journey into Honey Bee guardianship
- Meet, hang out and hopefully stay in touch with other great people who are on the same path.
- Morning tea, lunch & Afternoon tea on Saturday and Sunday with Bread, organic butter and lots of raw home grown organic Honey
- You will learn from one of the pioneers of the Natural Beekeeping movement in Australia
Its going to be a full 2 days of information so bring:
- A pad and pen to take notes
- A light coloured, thick, long sleeve shirt or pullover
- Long loose fitting pants
- A veil
- Fully enclosed shoes
- A Bee suit if you have one. You can also bring a recording device if you like or a video camera.
We will look into an active hive only if weather permits!Register for this course
Accommodation is available. Please contact Jamberoo Abbey on (02) 4236 0533 to organise a room.
Payment & Refunds
You can pay for your course below with your credit card, or contact Adrian to arrange payment by credit card over the phone, or direct deposit.
Please ensure you read our Course & Workshop Refunds Policy prior to booking your course.
Early Bird Price: $340
(available until 15 September 2016)
Full Price: $380
(after 15 September 2016)