Learn Natural Beekeeping – Cairns – July 2017
July 1 @ 10:00 am - July 2 @ 3:00 pm$380 - $420
A unique beekeeping course, teaching a completely different style and approach to standard conventional Beekeeping.
Are you ready to plunge into Natural Beekeeping?
Come and join Adrian Iodice for a fascinating and informative weekend learning natural, organic, biodynamic, bee-centric Bee-care using Kenyan Top Bar.
You will leave with the confidence to start caring for a Bee colony of your own.
What you will Learn
You will learn about the intimate life of a Honey Bee colony, how to catch and relocate a swarm and the fundamentals to start up and manage a colony of your own.
We will look at a number of different hives and discuss the pros and cons of them all.
The course covers the types of equipment you will need to catch swarms and to manage your hives.
You will learn about Bee developmental stages and Queen development. As well as the importance of natural honeycomb, where to position a beehive, harvesting natural raw honey and tools needed for harvesting, swarm management.
These subjects are by no means exhaustive!!Register for this course
- Plans to build your own Kenyan Top Bar Hive (Les Crowder version)
- A full list of great books, web sites and films to learn more in your own time
- Continued support and access to Adrian for any questions on your journey into Honey Bee guardianship
- Meet, hang out and hopefully stay in touch with other great people who are on the same path.
- Morning & Afternoon tea on Saturday and Sunday with Bread, organic butter and lots of raw home grown organic Honey
Please note that lunch is not included as part of the course.
What to Bring
Its going to be a full 2 days of information so bring:
- Lunch for both days
- A pad and pen to take notes
- A light coloured, thick, long sleeve shirt or pullover
- Long loose fitting pants
- A veil
- Fully enclosed shoes
- A Bee suit if you have one
- You can also bring a recording device if you like or a video camera.
We will look into an active hive only if weather permits!Register for this course
Payment & Refunds
You can pay for your course below with your credit card, or contact Adrian to arrange payment by credit card over the phone, or direct deposit.
Please ensure you read our Course & Workshop Refunds Policy prior to booking your course.
Early Bird Price: $380
(available until 7 May 2017)
Full Price: $420
(after 7 May 2017)