- This event has passed.
One Day Natural Beekeeping Course – Brisbane – June 2016
June 25, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
A unique beekeeping course, teaching a completely different style and approach to standard conventional Beekeeping.
Are you ready to plunge into Natural Beekeeping?
Come and join Adrian Iodice for a fascinating and informative day-long course learning natural, organic, biodynamic, bee-centric Bee-care using Kenyan Top Bar beehives.
You will leave with the confidence to start caring for a Bee colony of your own.
What you will Learn
You will learn about the intimate life of a Honey Bee colony, how to catch and relocate a swarm and the fundamentals to start-up and manage a colony of your own
We will discuss a number of different beehives – the pros and cons of them all, as well as the types of equipment you will need to catch swarms and to manage your hives.
The course covers Bee developmental stages and Queen development. And importance of natural comb, where to position a hive, harvesting natural raw honey and tools needed for harvesting, beekeeping swarm management. These subjects are by no means exhaustive!!Register for this course
- Plans to build your own Kenyan Top Bar Hive (Les Crowder version)
- A full list of great books, web sites and films to learn more in your own time
- Continued support and access to Adrian for any questions on your journey into Honey Bee guardianship
- Meet, hang out and hopefully stay in touch with other great people who are on the same path.
Its going to be a full day of information so bring:
- A pad and pen to take notes
- A light coloured, thick, long sleeve shirt or pullover
- Long loose fitting pants
- Fully enclosed shoes
Please bring a veil or beekeeping suit if you have one.
You can also bring a recording device or video camera to the course.
We will look into an active hive only if weather permits!
Course Cost :
$189 Full price
$152 Concession: for health care card holders.Register for this course